It's begining to look a lot like Christmas

I've been working on my schedule for fall events for the last week or so. Various places I'm headed to over the next few months so I can sell my books. And as I've been going over the emails from the various organizers, I realized something. Almost all of them are requesting I have holiday decorations for my booth/table. Uhm, okay. Not something I've been asked to provide in previous years. However, I'm game. Well, I was until I pulled my rather meager collection of decorations out of my attic. There I was, sitting in a pile of mish-mashed weirdness, and knew there was nothing in the bunch which would be presentable to the world. Yup, since I moved into my home, not a single Christmas has been spent in it. And my plans this year are to be somewhere other than my house as well. They say home is where the heart is. And I guess my home is somewhere down the road since I'm always traveling.

And as I continued to stare at those decorations various thoughts popped into my head. How important is it to have an anchor in life? Do I need to have a house at all? Because, if you count the days I'm home vs. the days I'm traveling, well, travel would win hands down. Yet, the safety and security of knowing I have a place to land if anything should go wrong is priceless. So, maybe I'll change my plans. Stay at home this year, and have Christmas there. Decorate the place up in style, bake cookies, drink eggnog, relax for a change. 

But in the meantime, I guess I have to figure out what I'm going to do about decorations for events. Will those organizers be okay with me making paper snowflakes and taping them to my tablecloth? Probably not...

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

For fans of the Waltons

A different viewpoint on blended families