Can you 'Relate'

A very sweet reader sent me a link to this video - Relate - click on it if you want to hear it. Anyway, she said my latest book and this song by For King and Country had such similar themes she was wondering if I used it for inspiration. Actually, I hadn't heard the song until she sent me the link. Plus, that song was released after I wrote the book and was in the final editing stage. But her question does raise an interesting point. Since all of my books have a 'playlist' of sorts, do I listen to music as I write? Often, I do have music playing. Other times, the songs are all in my mind - popping in to fit a scene I'm working on. I find music changes my mood - playing sad songs makes me want to cry and playing happy tunes makes me want to get up and dance. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Music has such power, guess that's why they say music soothes the savage beast. So dust off your old favorites, sing loud, dance until you drop. I was doing this earlier today as I was preparing to work on my latest novel...  Don't ask - it's just another day where 'raindrops keep falling on my head'.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!