Now I shop quite a bit online. Not sure if I’m doing more now because of the pandemic or not, but that’s a debate for another day. On a somewhat frequent basis after a purchase, I’ll get a note from the company. Thanking me, asking me if I’m happy, giving me further details on the product and/or a coupon for a future purchase. I’m sure you’ve gotten these little notes as well. For the most part, they are business like, stiff and formal. Many don’t even bother to say ‘Hello’ or any other form of greeting. Then this week, I got this email ‘Only you can help us fulfill our Destiny’ – uhm, what? The sender was from a company I’d placed an order from but this was a rather odd subject line. Curious, I opened the note. And as I was reading it, I was wondering if this company had accidentally sent me an email created by a child during a ‘take your kid to work’ event. Because there wasn’t anything business like about the thing. Yup, it was addressed to ‘My dear accomplice in rodent control’ – I’d purchase some items to take care of a mice problem in case you’re wondering. It went on to say lines like ‘we promise to continue making the world a better place by fighting side by side with you in the war against rodents’ and ‘in the off chance that you are not satisfied … give us a chance to salve your wounds’. The email ended with ‘You have my deepest thanks and undying devotion.’ Well, okay then. My first reaction was to laugh at how unprofessional this company is. However, upon further reflection, I had to admit, I’d read their note. I cannot say that about many emails from other companies. I usually, give a quick glance and not much else - if in fact, I open them at all. Yet, not only have I read the one from the rodent control company, I remember it. Maybe the person who wrote it was writing from a place of passion, I don't know. Doesn't matter I guess, I was inspired by the words. How many times have you been impressed by something? And then went on to share it with others? This is how a tiny little thing becomes something great. Today, I encourage you to dig deep. Go ahead, think outside of the box and surprise someone by doing a nice gesture. Make another person’s day by doing something for them that they will remember. Not just tomorrow but for the rest of their life. Because, you never know, they may turn around and start a chain reaction of kindness...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!