How not to travel

 

Every once in a while, I see things when I’m out and about that just make me scratch my head. Why in the world did someone think this was a good idea? Yup, let’s just strap a tote to the car. And then go hurling down the freeway at 90 miles an hour. Okay, I know necessity is the mother of invention. But this? No, this isn’t something good, useful, helpful or anything. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. It’s on the same level as those people who try to move furniture by having a few guys hold it in the back of a pickup truck. They think it’s not a problem because they are only going a few blocks. And then they hit a bump and the dresser falls out. Trust me, I’ve seen it happen more than once. Yet most of us have done something enormously stupid in our lives. Why? I’m not sure. But we humans seem to be good with questionable judgment. Like the parents I once witnessed allowing their child to play with an axe in the dark. And then seemed rather surprised when the inevitable happened and the kid ended up bleeding. We also seem to be okay with questionable morals. Like the guy I know who thought it was no biggie to take a pumpkin from the rack outside the grocery store. His attitude was – hey, if they wanted to charge for the things they would be inside. Thus, I guess I shouldn’t be sitting here wondering why the world has gone sideways. And why nothing normal is normal anymore. But do I really want to embrace this brave new world? Do I want to go with the flow and leave rationality behind? No, I’m going to believe all of this will end with the start of the new year. So I’m counting down the days till 2021, believing this will all be over and we will have resumed our regularly scheduled broadcast. You know – like in that show Dallas – it was all a dream. I know, unreasonable of me to have such high hopes. But I have faith that most people has some common sense and will begin to use it. Just not the guy in this car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

For fans of the Waltons

Choose your own adventure!