Finding the unusual in an ordinary day


For the past few days I’ve been looking at all my photos from the past several years trying to pick ones to print out. At first this activity was making me rather sad. It was such a reminder of how many places I’ve been and still want to go. But then, as I really started to focus on the images, I realized something. I take some rather odd shots of some pretty unusual things. Well, this is something I can do right now despite the current situation. Okay, I find someone who’s willing to be my chauffeur for a day and off we go. And in the space of a few hours what do I find? Okay, this is rather normal. A tank parked on the side of the road. Moving on.


Cool, a town with American flags lining the highway. Not the Fourth of July, but who cares. Showing love for your country is always a good thing.


Uhm, Mr. Motorcycle who should be wearing a helmet. But I guess he isn’t because he want everyone to see his artwork. On his head. Of what? Is that in fact a naked tree with crows circling? Okay, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do about that. Fine, whatever, next. 


What, what?! A jeep with a kitchen? No, I’m not seeing this right. Yikes, that is correct – sink, counter, mini fridge and BBQ grill with propane. Oh my, what does he hook the sink up to? So not going to ask. Yet by the end of the day, I was feeling better. My wanderlust appeased for the moment. A few more pictures have been added to my collection, a few more memories made. So many comments have been made about the ‘new normal’ and ‘pressing pause’, not just by me but by almost everyone at this point. Deep breath, I think I’m just going to keep hunkering down and waiting for next year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!