My neighborhood is the world


Now last week I shared my feelings about this year and in particular I mentioned I’m ignoring the news. Well, I got a few comments which weren’t quite positive regarding that. Okay, people, I get it. You all are hooked on the news, the chaos in our nation and world has you riveted. But my neighbors are all I can handle at this moment. Let me prove my point. One neighbor is trying to do some work on his house himself because he doesn’t want some stranger to come in right now. This is a guy who thinks its okay to hammer in a screw. He put a lock on a gate upside down and the key got stuck in the lock. And now he’s trying to fix his leaky roof with bathroom caulking. Need I say more on this subject? And last week the very day I put up my post, a severe thunderstorm rolled through. A tree across the street snapped towards the top, sending a large chunk down on the power and cable lines. Causing all of the homes on our street to lose power. And if that wasn’t bad enough the lines fell down on the street in the middle of standing water. Fire and police responded quickly, blocking off the area. However, the power company took hours to get here. And the cable company still hasn’t come. Those lines are hanging loose on the side of the pole right at this moment. My poor neighbor can’t cut his grass because of it. While these do seem to be the most pressing issues, we have elderly neighbors who are having a hard time shopping. We have neighbors who haven’t worked in months. We have kids who run around everywhere at all times because there is no school and no adult supervision of any kind. You have neighbors like this too. And you can help your neighbors. But you can’t fix the whole world, just saying.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!