Can I have a redo please?

Today is July 1st and half the year is gone. For me, it’s usually a day spent in reflection. What have I done so far this year? What do have yet to do? However, today I have no such plans. Because this year is a year of what-ifs. Not only for me, but for most of the world. As far as I’m concerned there’s no point in sitting around and thinking about things which should’ve been. Those trips to Europe. Those trips to neighboring states. Those events I was scheduled to do. Nope, to be honest, I don’t even look at the emails anymore. Those emails saying ‘We may resume flight on such and such date.’ Or ‘We may reschedule the event at blah blah time.’ Why bother? Next month I’ll get the same notes from the same people just with a different date in the future. Because no one has a crystal ball telling them when this will end. So today, I will not be looking at my life. No, instead, I’m going to do what I did yesterday and the day before that. Write a little, read a little, walk a little, play in my garden a little, watch TV a little, and take care of the one’s I love a lot. But most importantly - ignore the news. Because I can’t handle more than what is going on in my neighborhood. So, maybe today should be looked at as the start of a new year. A redo, so to speak. Have everyone just take a giant breath in and ignore the last 6 months for a while. Impossible I know, way too much water under that particular bridge. We can no nothing less but keep following the path forward and hope for better days to come. So, however you decide to spend today, be happy, be safe, be well. It’s still a long 6 more months before this year is over.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!