I'm still here...


Okay, I’m done with being cooped up in the house. Today I’m pretending I’m in Europe. I’ve created a little café in the corner of my kitchen. Put up tchotchkes from my various travels on the wall, tiny table with cups from Athens, plates from Italy, platter from Spain. I’m eating pastries, drinking espresso and watching cats out my window. Uhm, cats? You’re probably thinking what’s that got to do with Europe? Well, when I was in Athens, there were cats everywhere. And I do mean everywhere. I spotted them in and among the ruins of the historical sites. On the window sills of homes. Hanging out by the tables of outdoor cafes. At first, I thought all of these cats were strays and couldn’t figure out why the city didn’t do something about them. Until I realized there were bowls of food and water in tiny niches all over the place. Nope, these cats were community pets – owned by no one and everyone. Didn’t seem like the best idea to me, but then I’ve never been a huge fan of cats. Ugh, enough about the cats who’ve invade my yard already. Back to my little corner of Europe. I’m thinking I'll blow up one of these pictures to life size and put it on the opposite wall from my table. Much better view – don’t ya think? So, today, where are you? Where do you want to be? Do whatever you have to do to make it happen – even if it’s just make-believe for now…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!