I got a smiley face...


Years ago I signed up for a service to help me with budgeting. Then a few years ago, the thing moved to an app which I downloaded to my tablet. Now, I’ve never really paid that much attention to it. Sure, I have a basic idea of where my money goes each month. But as for trying to change my habits and buckle down with a hard and fast plan, not really happening. While I did see the value of saving more money, well, lets just say retirement always seems such a long way off. Okay, start the jokes now – I’m well over 50 and putting money aside for retirement is a ship that has sailed without me. Thus, last week when the popup alert came on my tablet with confetti, balloons, smiley faces, etc., well I just had to open it. The thing proudly told me my spending was down 86% for the month of March - wahoo! Uhm, did no one tell the app the world has been placed in limbo? That my travel plans have been canceled? That I couldn’t go out with my friends anywhere? There’s no food in the store to buy? Well, I could go on but you get the idea. Everyone in the world is in the same place right now - nowhere. Fine, I'm going to roll with this news from the app. So here’s my positive outlook for the month. For one month out of this year so far, I’m not spending money. Cool. See, what I’ve always said is true out of every rainstorm something good comes. Now please keep doing what you are supposed to being doing – nothing, stay home. We don’t need anymore tragedy out of this thing…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!