Happy bubbles


Now I’ve always lived in a bit of a bubble. Most people call it my ‘happy bubble’ and think I’m more of an ostrich-sticking-my-head-in-the-sand kind of a person. I’ve never really been that into the news – I will watch the local news on occasion and ignore most of what I hear. I don’t really do social media or the internet 24 hour scrolling thing. I often leave the house without my phone - I don’t care if I’m not reachable. The way I figure it, if something's important and will affect me, I’ll learn about it one way or another. For a few years, I’ve been hearing a lot about how people need to ‘unplug’ and get away. But lately, I’ve noticed this has seemed to kick up a few notches. I’ve seen posts about the need for a ‘happy/positive only news channel’. Others about the need for a weekend spent in an isolation tank to ‘detox’ from the world. And, yes, even a few encouraging people to find their ‘happy bubble’ and ignore everything negative. Well, color me impressed. Because, no we don’t need all the craziness, negativity, ranting and raving in our lives. Turn on the T.V. for five seconds and you will see someone yelling about something. Or the world is going to end because of something. However, does any of it really affect you unless you internalize it? Odds are – a bit fat, no! You can’t change how politics works in this country - well not much anyway. You certainly can’t change the weather. You can’t change much of anything. Yet, there is one thing you can change. Your outlook on life. Joy comes from inside. It doesn’t change because of what may or may not be going on around you. Choose to smile, no matter what. Choose to laugh, no matter what. If you already have a ‘happy bubble’ invite someone in. 20 years from now, it’s the personal connections which are going to matter. Not how many Facebook friends you had. Not how you voted. Not how closely you paid attention to the news of the minute. After all, most of those thing people won't remember anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!