Finding the magic


Ever have one of those days, weeks, years? We all seem to have those moments – they come, they go. Last week was a doozy for me. From the not so bad to the absurd. Walking out of the coffeeshop with my drink in hand I got bumped into by someone texting and walking. It was all good – most of the drink ended up on him not me. Both my packages which were supposed to be there in 2 days never did arrive. My bad haircut still hasn’t grown out even though it’s been 3 month and now I’ve got wings on the side of my head. Do not ask how many people are teasing me about that. As if all of that wasn’t bad enough, I get a bill in the mail from my annual woman’s exam. My insurance was refusing to pay for it. So I call the insurance up and ask why. I get told that as a man the exam wasn’t covered. No joke – somehow a button got push and poof, I’m now a man. Yikes. Fine, I was so looking forward to a new week starting. Things can’t get any worse, right? These are the times when
you have to force yourself to look for the silver lining. Find something good and push for only that. Because if you focus on only what is going wrong you’re going to spiral out of control fast. So I tried to find something positive, tried to get up on the right side of the bed each morning. However, by the end of the week, that was getting harder and harder to do. And then I found it – my thing, the way to get out of my funk. Yup, it was probably going to freak out the neighbors a bit. No matter, I was doing it. Waited for night to fall and then I built a campfire in the backyard. Had been needing to get rid of all that extra dead wood anyway and this was a great way. When the fire was going good, I through in the little pack and with the anticipation of a child on Christmas morning – sat watching. Slowly, the flames began to change. And then, there it was – magic. Sometimes you just gotta be a kid for a moment and forget being an adult. But life is calling, we can't sit in the dark watching the colored flames forever. So today, I'm trying to be responsible. Fix things, find my packages, figure out what to do with my hair...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!