When a butterfly flaps it's wings


I’ve often been told I’m so honest it’s painful. Never been quite sure what that’s supposed to mean. Painful for whom? It's not for me, I find it easier. And so I’ve continued to strive to be honest and truthful as much as possible. Thus, there I was the other day at the store I exchange my propane tank for my grill. You go in, pay for either a refill or a new one, get the code, go out to the machine, put in the code and a door opens. Easy, right? I finished with my exchange, not thinking twice about putting the empty into the space where I had just taken out the full one. Closed the door, jiggled it a bit to make sure it was tight and moved over a bit so the guy behind me could do his task. After he put in his code, he announced, “Huh, two doors are open.” I turned a bit to make sure it wasn’t the door I had closed, it wasn’t. Then I paused to see what he would do. And he didn’t do the right thing. Even with knowing I was watching him, he took both tanks. And no, he didn’t even seem to be the least bit guilty about it. Instead, he was smiling and chuckling to himself. To me this was blatant theft. Who was going to be responsible for the cost of the second tank? And what about the poor customer who puts in the code only to find the magic door opens to an empty space? So not good. Okay, okay. I know there are so many things wrong with this country, the world, the universe. Why am I complaining about this? Because when you get right down to, don’t most problems start small? We throw out the simple things, like basic honesty and integrity, and what are we left with? Just saying, sometimes what may seem like no big deal is the ripple in the pond which will turn into the tidal wave. Maybe it's time to go back to the beginning, reboot our society and bring back some common sense. Uhm, I think I'm asking for just too much here. Who wouldn't want a get out of jail free card? Well, me for one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!