My clock hates me


Now I really hate daylight savings time. So much so, I’m seriously thinking of moving to somewhere they don’t do it. It takes me forever to get my internal clock to figure out what time it is. I wake up late, I wake up early. Then there’s the whole issue of the physical clocks. Oh, I’m sure you’ve heard all those jokes about how hard it is to change the oven clocks. Something along the lines of needing to be an engineer to do it. Or the clock in the car just not being worth the effort to change. Well, I don’t have either kind of clock anymore. Thus, I was feeling rather confident last week when the time change came around. I only had two clocks to change – one in my living room and one in my bedroom. The one in my living room was really easy, take it down, turn the knob a bit, done. The one in the bedroom I wasn’t sure about. It was given to me as a gift and it’s a rather fancy digital one. It states not only the time but the date, temp and several other things as well. Thus I thought it might be like my cellphone and change the time automatically. Well, it had been over a week and the thing still hadn’t done anything so the other day I changed the time on it. Then, the next morning, I woke up, rolled over and looked at the clock. I was shocked at how late it was – I had major overslept. On one of the few days I had somewhere to be no less. Crud. I get up, rushed around the house, and was almost out the door when I spotted the living room clock. And the time on that thing makes it seems like I’ve got all the time in the world. Wandering back into the bedroom, yep, the clock in there has a different time. Apparently, the clock thought it would be funny to mess with my head. It change the time after I changed the time. Yikes. Okay, I can deal with this. I change the time back and go about my day. That night as I was getting ready for bed, I happen to look over at the clock. And I stop for a second, wait, what? No, that’s not right. It’s not that late is it? Yeah, you guessed it. The stupid clock had changed the time on me again. Whoa, I’m now ready to throw the thing out the window. It’s gone from fancy to being as creepy as those weird dolls you see in horror movies. How can I ever trust this thing to tell me something so simple as the time ever again? Once bitten, twice shy, as the saying goes. Life is the same way, we trust people up to a point. Usually. However, some people we seem to keep letting them tell us lies over and over again. Hoping this time will be the time they are finally going to not let us down. But where is that line we say no more? Should there even be a line? Can we forgive and forget? I’m not sure, maybe there is no answer here. Maybe it’s like the clock, keep resetting it and hope for the best…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!