Wow, you sent my box where?

So, I’ve come to order a lot of stuff online.  It’s easier, things are in stock and I don’t have to deal with 
poor customer service.  This was working great – for a while.  Then I got that magical text saying my 
order was ‘out for delivery’.  However, the time when the guy usually comes came and went with no
package.  Okay, fine, I’ve got other stuff to do.  I left a note on the door and went about my day.  
Upon arriving home, no package.  Uhm, well, time to look into this.  I open up my e-mail to find this note:

Now expected November 4 November 6

We're sorry your package is late

We're working with the carrier to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know when your package is out for delivery.

Please come back Wednesday if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.

Was expected Saturday, November 3


Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility


Curious I click on the link for tracking, after all the package had been ‘out for delivery’.  Only to find out it had been out for delivery in a town in another state.  Yikes, how exactly does that happen?  Between the computer and some human who should’ve read the address on the package, it should never have gotten on that truck and spend a day wandering around some strange city.  Poor lost, lonely little package. Chalk this up to will wonders never cease.  Thinking it was a one off, I was laughing about it a few days later with a friend of mine (after the package had arrived mind you).  And what should she tell me?  That the same thing happened to her, the same week.  Some weird computer glitch?  Packages need vacations too?  Not like I have any kind of an answer here.  But, being the eternal optimist that I am, I ordered something else.  And guess what?  It was supposed to arrive this morning.  I got the cute little text, ‘out for delivery’.  Not being a fool, I didn’t trust that one at all.  I immediately went to the check tracking section of the website.  Wanna make a guess at where my package is?  Yes, you would be right if you said some town 4 states away.  Yes, it has happened again.  Thus, I know at some point today, I’m going to get another of those great e-mails.  And in a few days, I may or may not have my order.  Late, again.  Wow.  Honestly, I don’t know who to blame.  Of course, I’m aware shipping companies hire all kinds of seasonal workers this time of year.  However, do they simply thrust them into the deep water with no training and hope for the best?  I really don't want to know the answer to that question at this point.  Yup, hibernation from the world and never purchasing anything is sounding better and better all the time.  How many sheep can I have in my yard so I can have wool to make clothes from?  How many cows, chickens, pigs so I can eat?  How many veggies can I grow?  Really, I’m only one person – it’s got to be easier to go off the grid than trying to shop…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

For fans of the Waltons

Choose your own adventure!