Let them eat steak


Okay, I’ve lived through my second hurricane now.  Yes, I live in the south but it’s not like I live right on the coast or anything.  There are always those who are very helpful after a storm like this.  They pitch in and help neighbors clean up.  They give sandwiches and more to those who are working so hard.  Then there are those who squabble about who should pay for the damage when their dead tree fell on the neighbor’s fence and yard.  Mind you this tree had been dead for years.  And of course, there are those who feel the need to complain about the little things.  Yup, the cable and internet went out for a few hours so it was apparently the end of the world for a few people.  Cell service wasn’t great for a few days.  Hey, at least texting still worked.  The grocery store didn’t have bread, or veggies or milk.  Well at least they had steak.  I know, I know, I’m one of those who always look at what’s good about a situation, not what’s bad.  I try to help whenever I can.  Now isn’t the time to be making things worse.  And, trust me, complaining about things you can’t change serves no purpose.  So even if you don’t live somewhere that was just in the path of some natural disaster, do some random act of kindness today.  It might just do a world of good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!