And people think I'm weird


Today I needed to go to the store for a few things.  As usual, I was watching everyone who was going by me.  The guy with the dresser not strapped to his minivan.  Yes, I did say not strapped.  There he was driving down the road with a dresser on top of his minivan.  I don’t know what was keeping the thing in place because there were no ropes, straps or even hands hanging out of windows to keep that thing in place.  The guy towing a lawn mower with his bike.  Now I’ve seen this before.  Repeatedly.  And it’s never the same guy.  Not even sure why this is a thing.  It looks like it’s almost impossible to do.  The woman walking down the street in a dress and combat boots.  I thought that look went out of style years ago.  But I guess what’s old is new again.  The guy with the pink and purple polka dotted backpack.  Hope he was just borrowing his daughter’s for the day.  The two little boys with a drill on the porch of an abandoned boarded-up house.  Uhm, wait, that’s looks dangerous.  And possibly illegal.  Where’s my cellphone.  Crud, I must’ve left it at home.  I’m constantly doing that.  Because I’m the only person on the planet whose not permanently attached to the blasted thing.  So of course when I need it, I never seem to have it.  Oh well, it’s not like I’m a parent to either of them.  Moving on.  The girl in the mini-skirt and what for all the world appears to be just her bra.  I’m not even going to start on what’s wrong with that.  Especially since she carrying a Bible in her hands.  Then I get to the store and find they only have 1 of the 3 things I need.  Option A:  go to another store.  Option B: wait until the next delivery day to shop again.  I decide on option B.  How could I pass up another opportunity to observe the world and the interesting creatures who live in it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!