Thank goodness for a DQ blizzard


This weekend was supposed to be a fun, stress-free time.  I had friends visiting, people I hadn’t seen in a few years.  But instead of being able to relax, I ended up dealing with another issue that came up at the worst possible time.  My focus became split and I wound up distracted much of the weekend.  Thus, after my friends left Sunday afternoon, I was feeling the need to vent.  There’s a project I never finished this spring.  Normally, I would never leave a project undone that long because things like that drive me nuts.  However, this particular task would’ve required me to spend quite a bit of time in the sun.  Thus, I’d decided to wait to late fall or winter to finish it since it wasn’t a priority.  But given the way I was feeling Sunday, it seemed just the thing.  Yet, out there in the heat and humidity, drowning in sweat, I wasn’t feeling any better.  The bells from the ice cream truck kept haunting me as he drove around and around the neighborhood.  After about and hour or so, I gave up on the project.  It'll just get done another time.  I needed some serious chocolate therapy.  Rushing in the house, I paused only long enough to grab my keys and a few bucks.  As quick as I could, I walked the 2 blocks to the DQ.  It wasn’t until after I ordered my fudgy, chocolately, blizzard, that I realized how bad I must have looked to everyone.  Here I was in my work shorts and t-shirt with all of the holes and stains.  My hair was half out of the pony tail I’d put it in, I had no make-up on.  I could smell my own sweat it was so bad.  Meanwhile, everyone else there was in their Sunday-go-to-meeting clothes.  Oh well, in for a penny in for a pound, as the saying goes.  I took my treat, found a booth and sat soaking in the AC as I slowly ate.  My problem over the weekend was I tried to be helpful to everyone.  I responded to what I should’ve ignored until I could devote full attention to the situation.  My friends were only here a short time, they deserved all my focus.  It’s like my project, some things are just best set aside for the proper time and place.  So my apologies to everyone I interacted with this weekend.  It’s official, I stretched myself too far and I’m sure I made a mess of everything.  But I see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.  And it's as simple as enjoying a bit of ice cream on a hot day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!