Run, run as fast as you can


I’ve been way too busy and stressed for several weeks now.  I guess I didn’t realize the toll it was taking on me until today.  How, you might ask, did I figure this out?  Well, I went to do laundry.  Not like I really had the time to do laundry, but I seemed to be running out of almost everything.  Which made no sense because the pile in the basket didn’t seem to be that big.  All was going fine until I went to throw the load in the dryer and realized the load from last week was still in there.  Oh my.  Yikes, that explains a lot.  Ugh, wrinkled clothes galore.  But wait, I’m a woman.  We’re supposed to be the masters of multitasking.  Able to juggle 250 things at a time and still leap tall buildings in a single bound.  So there I was, putting a wet washcloth in the dryer as I turned it on for the second time with the load from the previous week.  Hoping in vain that it would work, the wrinkles would come out of everything so I wouldn’t have to rewash or worse – iron.  All the while feeling guilty because I’d dropped a ball.  Not a big ball mind you, it was only the laundry.  It wasn’t like I’d messed up something important.  Like the emergency situation my friend had.  Or the other emergency my other friend had.  Or the unexpected overnight visit from a friend.  Or the surprise trip I took.  Or the broken window that needed to be repaired.  Too many things, not enough hours in the day or the week or month or year.  No time to think about that now.  As the poem says, “I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.”  Okay, nose to the grindstone.  Got to get things back on track.  No more loose ends flying about.  I can do 8 days’ worth of work in 1.  Yup, just watch me go.  But then the phone rings, someone needs me to do thus and so…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!