Kudzu kinda world


Have you ever heard of kudzu?  It’s this plant that was brought to the South supposedly to fight erosion or to feed cows.  Depends on which rumor you believe.  Doesn’t matter.  The important point is that this stuff grows fast and out of control.  It’s almost impossible to kill.  Left unchecked it smothers other plants, topples utility poles, overruns buildings.  Do you have people in your life that are like this?  They seem innocent enough to start with.  Then the worm turns.  I’ve been dealing with someone like this.  This person was nice, friendly, sweet.  For a while that is.  Then something happened, I’m not exactly sure what.  Now this person is calling me ungrateful, evil, crazy, dangerous.  She’s telling others to avoid me.  She’s frequently calling me and texting me whenever she realizes anyone she knows is talking or hanging out with me.  I’ve decided not to acknowledge her anymore.  So her messages have gotten interesting.  She’s sending things like ‘Act like an adult and answer your damn phone.’  Yup, she’s become a kudzu plant trying to smother everything in sight.  And like kudzu, apparently she’s next to impossible to get rid of.  How do people end up like this?  What’s missing in their lives so they think this kind of behavior is acceptable, normal, okay?  I just don’t know but I’m glad that I only know one ‘kudzu’ person right now.  It’s all I can handle.  I’m almost to the point of changing my phone number but that would give her the win.  Yup, I’m just going to keep handling this by ignoring her and being thankful for the wonderful invention they call caller ID.  Cause without that I’d be playing Russian Roulette every time I answered my phone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!