Mistaking salt for sugar


I’ve been to someone’s house twice for coffee now.  Both times she put salt not sugar in it.  As the old saying goes, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.  I’m not sure why she finds it so hard to tell the sugar from the salt.  Most people don’t keep it anywhere near each other.  In addition, most people put the salt in much smaller containers than sugar.  So, there she was, for the second time, rushing around telling everyone not to drink the coffee.  I, laughing as I said it, told her, no offense, but I wasn’t ever going to drink anything she offered me again.  She laughed right along with me and said it might be for the best.  Now mistakes happen.  It’s how we learn and grow.  Recently, I made the mistake of thinking it would be a good idea to do something nice for someone.  He would’ve preferred something else and was quick to point this out to me.  Now I know not to surprise this person.  He gets very unhappy with things not going his way.  Not sure why.  But hey, to each his own.  Message received.  Lesson learned.  There are big mistakes that take years to get over.  There are simple mistakes that you can get over in a minute.  Some people are always striving for perfection and try to avoid even the most simple of errors in life.  But those are the people who tend to stay stuck in the same place.  Some of the most fun to be had is drinking the salted coffee just to say you’ve been there, done that.  Embrace the foibles.  Welcome the flaws.  It only in these moments do we become our true selves, we bloom into who we were meant to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

For fans of the Waltons

Choose your own adventure!