Just let me sleep...


Why do people show up at your door unannounced at awful times of the morning?  Here I was, sleeping peacefully, when the doorbell rings.  I wasn’t expecting anyone.  Nor was I expecting a package.  So, I ignore it.  Then it rings again, and again, and again.  Fine, I grab my robe and answer the door.  It was a guy from the city to inspect some of the work I’ve been doing on the house.  Okay, uhm, I didn’t call for an inspection yet.  It was 8 a.m.  Who thought this was a good idea?  Turns out the one contractor I had used for something I couldn't do myself had called the city.  And then failed to let me know.  Great, just great.  The guy from the city tell me he’s sorry, he thought the house was vacant given the amount of work being done or he would’ve called first.  Guess he just thought someone would magically be at an empty house.  Not like this is the first time this has happened – friends stop by unannounced to bring me things or say hi.  I don’t mind this in the middle of the afternoon but early in the morning when they’re on their way to work?  That’s annoying – I don’t have a set schedule like the rest of the world.  I sleep when I want, work when I want.  Why can’t people understand that?  I know, I know, the ‘artist’ lifestyle seems so foreign to most.  The concept of doing what you want, when you want is usually reserved for retirement.  Yet wouldn’t it be nice if we all could work on our own schedule?  Be free to live the life we choose?  Okay, I know this isn’t very realistic – you couldn’t count on stores to be open at set times or for employees to even show up.  No, this is one of those things where set schedules are best.  I’m sorry to all of you out there in the world who have ‘real’ jobs – you have to go to work on time.  However, please stop showing up at my door without notice.  I don’t look very good when I first wake up.  Plus, you really don’t want to see me in my ratty robe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

For fans of the Waltons

Choose your own adventure!