Don't be the lobster in the pot


Image result for lobsterOkay, I recently went on a road trip with someone who has a fairly new car.  This car has all the bells and whistles.  Like seat warmers.  So my friend, who was driving, was fiddling with the a/c.  No problem so far.  A few minutes later, I started to feel somewhat warm.  Then I just got warmer and warmer.  I started to wonder if I was getting ill.  I began to adjust myself in my seat to try to get more comfortable.  Then my friend played with the a/c again.  And that’s when I noticed the button just under the a/c button was glowing.  Looking closer at it, I realized it was the button for the seat warmer for my seat.  Well that explained why I was so warm!  He must have accidently hit the button when he played with the a/c the first time.  Laughing, I asked him to turn off the seat warmer.  He looked at me rather funny, asked me when that had gotten turned on.  When I told him the first time he reached for the a/c, he really looked at me like I’d lost my mind.  ‘Why didn’t you say anything sooner?’  ‘ Well, why in the world do you have seat warmers when you live somewhere where it never gets cold?’  Yeah, the conversation went downhill fast.  But as I reflected on the situation while waiting for my seat to cool off, I wondered how often in life this happens.  We end up in a situation because we don’t see what’s happening because the progression is so slow.  Yes, this is how lobsters end up boiled.  Everything looks fine, until it’s not.  So look at the little things around you.  Even the things you don’t set into motion.  You never know what the butterfly effect will bring your way.  I know I watched my friends fingers carefully the rest of the trip each time he reached for the a/c control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

For fans of the Waltons

Choose your own adventure!