White, cream, off-white


Can you tell the subtle difference in color between white, off white and cream?  What if they’re right next to each other – could you tell there are three distinct colors before you?  I ask this because I was at someone’s house the other day and noticed that the bullnose tile they had put up around the bathroom tile was off white.  However, the bathroom tile was white.  It was interesting and I wasn’t sure I liked the effect.  So, I asked the person what made them think to do the two colors like that.  He gave me a funny look and state all the tile was the same color.  Oh, okay, fine.  I’m not one to argue the point – or to point out someone may be a bit color blind.  But how important are details?  In this case, probably not that important.  Yet, at other times, as the expression goes, the devil is in the details.  Those fine little points can make or break a project.  They can determine if we move on or are stuck in the same spot forever.  Thus, having someone else give us a second opinion can often be helpful.  We can see little things we might have missed otherwise.  We can see our own personal blind spots.  We can learn something new.  In learning we can grow.  And in growing we can continue to live…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!