Don't let this pretty face fool you...


Are women really the weaker sex?  Do they really know nothing about math, science, home repair, car repair, etc. - simply because they are women?  Personally, I don’t think so.  I have a brain and I like to use it.  I don’t like to have to hide in a box any time I’m having a conversation with a man.  I don’t like pretending to be dumb.  And when a man tells me, “Honey, it’s not your job…”, well, who cares if I don’t get paid to do whatever?  It doesn’t mean I’ve never done the task before.  Or that, given some time, I can’t figure out how to solve a certain problem.   I’m tired of being told in so many words I’m a stupid little girl.  I’m tired of being told in so many words to just look pretty.  And heaven forbid I try to tell a man why I think he’s going about a math, science, home repair or car repair problem the wrong way.  No, I’m done biting my tongue and saying nothing.  I don’t care if your fragile male ego can’t handle a woman who knows something.  Fine, this may be why I’ve been single most of my adult life.  But I believe in the ‘KISS’ model of life – Keep It Simple Stupid!  If I see you doing something the hard way or in an incredibly impossible way, I’m going to say something.  It doesn’t matter if you are a man, woman or Martian.  Yell at me, call me stupid to my face, I don’t care.  I’ve learned a thing or two in all my years.  The most important thing I’ve discovered?  I’m pretty darn smart.  Stop treating me like I’m not.  I wasn’t put here on this planet to be eye candy.  Sure, I don’t have a fancy degree.  Sure, I haven’t had the job experience.  But I know how to read, write, solve math problems and still cook an amazing dinner.  I’m done letting anyone think otherwise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!