The inside joke


I love it when I get to share an inside joke with someone.  You know, when someone can say one little word or simple phrase and both of you are chuckling in a heartbeat.  A while back, someone told me a rather inappropriate story at a party.  Until a few days ago, I never shared this tale with anyone.  However, it seemed to fit into the conversation I was having with a friend.  Well, afterwards one bit of this was so funny to my friend that he couldn’t let it go.  Thus, now, every so often, he says ‘paper towel’ and raises his eyebrows.  I instantly know what he’s referring to and break out laughing.   A second later, he’s chuckling too.  No one else has any clue what we think is so funny, which is part of what makes it so great.  Sometimes we need to have things that are just for us, things that don’t need to be shared with the rest of the world.  Being an open book is fine to a point, but sometimes we need to learn when to keep our mouths shut.  So, don’t ever ask me why I think ‘paper towel’ is hilarious – I’m not telling.  I’m not posting the answer on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other place.  It’s for me and my friend to know and you to never find out.  I’m not going to be part of this oversharing world – which you might find weird given what I do for a living.  No – there’s a reason I almost never post anything on any social media platform.  Sure, I share quite a bit on my blog but most of it isn’t about me and what I do share is filtered.  Fine, for all of you who want to share everything with everyone.  I prefer a few inside jokes and private conversations…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!