Respect my pillow

A friend and I were talking and I stated that I needed a new pillow.  He looked at me stunned.  “Why?  I’ve had mine for 35 years.  You’ve been here for what, a few months?”  Eww…  He’s had the same pillow for 35 years?  How is that possible?  Even if you clean your pillow, they’re supposed to be replaced every few years.  I need a new one because I didn’t get a great one when I first moved here.  Okay, I needed to clarify this.  Maybe he means he’s had the same pillowcase for that long.  Not sure if that’s possible, but, um, it’s at least easier to clean.  Turns out, nope, he really meant the same pillow.  He’s never washed it, never even tried to clean it at all.  He likes the way it smells, he likes the way it’s smashed down, he takes this pillow everywhere he goes.  Okay, it’s part pillow, part security blanket.  I tried to explain to him that it may be what's causing his allergies and breathing problems.  He wouldn’t listen, his pillow was his pillow.  End of discussion.   How did this happen?  Where did his life take such an unreasonable turn?  But don’t most people do this about something?  Dig in, refuse to budge?  But by doing that how much harm are they doing to themselves and others?  Okay, time to toss out the old and embrace change…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!