And what am I supposed to do with this thing?


So, it was that time again – I needed to get a mammogram.  Yes, ladies this is important.  We tend to forget to take care of ourselves because we’re too busy taking care of everyone else.  Okay, I’m new in town and found out that this doesn’t work the same way everywhere.  I was led back to the changing area.  The female technician told me to do some things that I hadn’t been told to do at my last mammogram.   Well, I was polite but I questioned her instructions to make sure I was understanding.  Her response was to get snarky and rude.  Not a good start to an appointment where I’m going to be practically naked.  Fine, I tried my best but found that instead of a hospital gown there was this cape/drape thing.  It didn’t have snaps, buttons or strings.  I couldn’t figure out for the life of me what was the front or the back.  Nor how to keep it closed.  Ugh, at least I’m tiny and could wrap it around me a few times.  But it didn’t’ quite go to my waist.  Let’s just say there’s a reason I don’t wear bikinis or crop tops.  Anyway, I pop my head out the door and look around.  I was alone so I dared to brave the hallway.  The technician called from another room and I followed her voice to the exam room.  There she tells me, not so nicely, I’ve got the ‘gown’ on all wrong.  How she could call that thing a ‘gown’ with a straight face was a mystery.  Yeah, this was turning into a real fun picnic.  Then she rips the thing off me and put it back on in such a way I’m way more exposed than I think I really should be.  No way am I walking back down that hall with this thing that way.  I get squished, she gives me a sideways look as I wrap myself back up like a burrito, and I gladly get dressed and head home.  This is one job that someone who’s not kind and compassionate should never apply for.  I don’t know, maybe she was having a bad day and took it out on me.  But I was definitely getting the vibe from her that I was dumber than rocks and not worth her time and effort.  Come on people – kindness costs you nothing.  Putting people at ease costs you nothing.  However, it does make everyone's day better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!