Ah, shortcuts...


I walk a lot.  Sure, some of it’s because I find it enjoyable, but mostly it’s for the exercise.  It keeps me healthy, fit, young.  Thus, I don’t take the shortest route most of the time.  In fact, I often find the longest way to stretch out the walk since I do some of my best think while out and about.  However, sometimes I do find I’ve miscalculated how long it’s going to take me to get somewhere.  So, I end up need to find a shortcut or two.  Fine, I’ll cut through that vacant lot.  Now here’s a mostly empty parking lot I can zig-zag through.  But I’ve been noticing a trend lately.  My fellow walkers in life seem to think it’s okay to wander anywhere.  And I do mean anywhere.  Now you may be thinking I’m talking just about those jaywalkers wandering through traffic.  Oh, no.  I’ve seen people hop over fences and cross backyards.  Then there was the guy who walked across the loading dock at the grocery store just to save a few steps.  Oh, and by the way, the poor people who worked at the store were trying to unload a delivery truck at the time.  Whatever happened to respecting the property of others?  Do these people do this in all areas of their lives?  ‘Hey my neighbor has a new grill I like – it’s mine now.’  Because you know this guy’s seen everything his neighbor has.  Yeah, since I’m sure he’s been in the neighbor’s yard more than once trying to get home.  Maybe I’m wrong here, maybe the other people who have to walk everywhere aren’t like me.  Maybe they don’t enjoy the experience and are just so lazy they’re simply trying to get it over with as soon as possible…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!