So what book have I written you may ask?  Well you can check it out at this link

- https://www.amazon.com/Road-Home-Leigh-Lincoln/dp/1537091328/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482416609&sr=8-1&keywords=leigh+lincoln

There is a paperback, kindle and audible version for you to choose.  It's about a homeless hitchhiker who is done, she's ready to end it all.  She's going to take one final ride home but on that ride she finally tells her story.  The book was a work that had been on my heart for years.  Having done homeless/poverty advocacy for more years than I care to admit, I wanted to share a bit of the stories I'd heard.  From their viewpoint, with as compassion and sensitivity as I could.  But I also wanted my readers to think.  About how they view themselves, others, and the world around them.  About their lives and how they live, how they treat others, how they want to be treated.  I've meet enough people living in the margins by now that I wanted people to see those in the shadows for once.  Because, after all, aren't most people living in the margins in some way?  So, in this season of giving, I am, as I always do, trying to do one kind act a day.  Everyone needs to be treated like they are special.  Let me know what what kind act you did today for someone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For fans of the Waltons

Where is the best place to spill your guts?

Choose your own adventure!